Biomedical Research Lab Fume Hoods
- Stainless Steel Supreme Air Bench
- Vertical Sash
- Ceiling Enclosure
The Dynamic Barrier fume hood requires over 70% less exhaust air volume than a traditional bypass fume hood. The design conserves natural resources, while saving thousands of dollars per fume hood on initial HVAC system requirements and on annual energy consumption.
The Dynamic Barrier fume hood is an ultra low constant volume design based on Kewaunee’s Supreme Air fume hood line. Its basic size, shape, and construction is the same as the standard Supreme Air design, but it incorporates new and innovative features that reduce exhaust air usage while increasing the ease of use and maintaining unsurpassed containment.
Based on proven constant volume technology, the Kewaunee Supreme Air Dynamic Barrier fume hood avoids the requirements of expensive, high-maintenance alternatives. It has been vigorously tested to ANSI/ASHRAE 110:1995 guidelines. In addition, the Dynamic Barrier fume hood has been subjected to stringent dynamic testing including walk-bys, crossdrafts and multiple breathing zone challenges, while maintaining unsurpassed containment.
High School Science Lab Fume Hoods
Kewaunee manufactures a full range of products designed specifically to meet the requirements of today’s teaching laboratory. Multiple student table designs, instructor benches, teaching fume hoods and specialized storage units offer the building blocks for effective lab classroom environments. From K-12 applications to college and university teaching labs, Kewaunee has the solutions!
- Duo-Vision Hood
- Twin Vertical Sashes
- Glass End Panels
Industrial Research Lab Fume Hoods
- Dynamic Barrier Bench Fume Hoods with Ceiling Enclosures
Medical Research Lab Fume Hoods
- Supreme Air Bench
- Vertical Rising Sash with Distillation Racks
Specialty Fume Hoods
- Walk-in Fume Hoods: Walk-in hoods are used where taller apparatus is required or when equipment is rolled into the hood. These hoods provide a minimum of 78″ (1981 mm) of interior working height.
- Bench Fume Hoods: Bench hoods are set on a work surface approximately 36″ (914 mm) above the floor and provide a convenient work area for the standing position. A minimum of 42″ (1067 mm) of interior working height is provided.
- Distillation Fume Hoods: Distillation hoods are used where a taller apparatus is required and convenient access to the floor of the hood is needed. These hoods provide a minimum 77” (1956 mm) of interior working height.
- ADA Fume Hoods: ADA fume hoods are designed in accordance with the guidelines for the Americans with Disabilities Act. These hoods are also used when a sitting position is desired for work at the hood. They provide the same work area as the corresponding bench hoods.
- Radioisotope Fume Hoods: Some radioisotope work requires a dedicated ducting and motor (which is not manifolded to other fume hood ducting). The interior of the hood is rolled stainless steel so there are no joints or cracks and any spills are contained within the hood. Profile sticker sash height settings must be followed when using this type of hood.
Supreme Air Fume Hoods
Supreme Air Series fume hoods are a new generation in the long history of Kewaunee fume hood research and development. Subjected to stringent testing procedures, these hoods assure reliable, efficient operation at the highest levels of safety (all hoods are tested using ASHRAE 110:1995). Supreme Air Series fume hoods are available UL listed and UL classified.
The design is based on rigid frame construction that assures a solid installation with low vibration and sound levels. Radius corner posts and air foils plus easy operator control of interior baffle settings assure a high level of comfort, safety, and efficiency.
With the variety of models available and the comprehensive option packages to be selected, this generation of fume hoods can be tailored to the application needs of any modern laboratory.
Supreme Air LV (Low Velocity) Fume Hoods
The Supreme Air LV fume hood, a new generation of fume hood design, combines safe, energy-efficient design with a multitude of user-friendly features. The LV fume hood is a high performance, low constant volume design building on the features of Kewaunee’s proven Supreme Air fume hood line. Its updated aesthetic design incorporates reduced air volume technologies with more efficient airflow containment to provide unsurpassed safety and barrier-free use.
Based on proven constant volume technology, the Kewaunee Supreme Air LV fume hood avoids the requirements of expensive, high-maintenance alternatives. It has been tested using the ANSI/ASHRAE 110:1995 procedures to verify compliance with ANSI/AIHA Z9.5:2003. In addition, the LV hood has been tested using severe dynamic challenges (including the walk-by simulation apparatus of EN 14175) to confirm its superior containment capability.
University Fume Hoods
Kewaunee manufactures a full range of products designed specifically to meet the requirements of today’s teaching laboratory. Multiple student table designs, instructor benches, teaching fume hoods, and specialized storage units offer the building blocks for effective lab classroom environments. From K-12 applications to college and university teaching labs, Kewaunee has the solutions!
University research lab hood types:
- Dynamic Bench fume hood with telescoping combination sash
- Supreme Air Distillation fume hood with spit vertical sash
University teaching lab hood types:
- TruView Teaching Hoods