Select Page

A team of runners / walkers from Kraftwerks will mark its 13th year of participation in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® in Delaware Park on June 14, 2014.

Susan G. Komen’s sister, Nancy G. Brinker, started the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure organization after Susan lost her battle with breast cancer. The Komen WNY Affiliate has raised over 2.5 million dollars. 75% of all money raised stays in WNY through community outreach programs to improve access to breast health care, education, and support for breast cancer survivors. The remaining 25% goes to breast cancer research through the Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Research Grant Awards.

The Kraftwerks team, named “5Ks for the Cure,” consists of Kraftwerks family members, employees, and significant others. Kraftwerks will donate all participant entry fees, as a way of supporting the event.

Members of the Kraft family became involved when Kraftwerks VP of Sales and Marketing, Ann Marie (Kraft) Ziske’s son, who was eight at the time, encouraged her to run the race. Together that year, Ann Marie, along with her husband and son, ran the race in support of a family friend who was struggling with breast cancer. They have participated each year since, and Ann Marie’s daughter, also started participating a few years ago.

About five years ago, Ann Marie joined the WNY Race Committee, at the encouragement of a friend who had been diagnosed with cancer and was involved in the committee. This year, she will co-chair the Survivors’ Tent, which is dedicated to survivors, their families, and friends.

“This cause is so close to my heart, and Kraftwerks is so proud to continue to support this race against breast cancer. Our family and the Kraftwerks team plan to continue to support it in years to come,” said Ziske.